Hedgehog Knits

Adventures in knitting from the eastern edge of Canada.

Monday, June 22, 2009

The Latest Project

I've had the pattern earmarked for two years, and the yarn in my closet for nearly a year, so this week at long last, I started the Ivy League vest from IK Winter 2007.


I'm using Knit Picks Palette, in the same colours that Glenna used in her Ivy League last year. I liked the way her colour choices turned out, and Palette is such a wonderfully affordable yarn substitution.


This will be my first project with steeks, and my first full-blown Fair Isle project, though I've done lots of stranded colourwork before. I'm struggling with tension a little bit, but hoping that blocking will flatten everything out, and also take care of the rolling on the edge of the corrugated rib. Wishful thinking? I hope not!


The colours are pretty close to reality it that last photo. So far so good. Onward.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Nebraska Knitter said...

Since I knit and quilt, I'm enjoying your quilts. I loved the nine patch, one of my favorite patterns. You are inspiring me to get back to some of my long lost quilting projects.

Nebraska Knitter

10:35 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Fair isle! It is always the right answer. You'll love the vest because once you get to the sleeves...you realize there are no sleeves and that you're done ;)

4:21 p.m.  
Blogger Sarah said...

Oh that looks like fun :o)

I love your scrappy quilts both - so unscrappy looking!

5:41 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home