Hedgehog Knits

Adventures in knitting from the eastern edge of Canada.

Friday, February 09, 2007

Coming up for air

I seem to be having trouble getting aroud to posting during the week lately. I make a point of using the home computer for blogging. If I were to let myself update my blog from my office at school, I would never get any work done! By the time I get home most evenings, I am interested only in supper, a little knitting in front of the tv, and falling into bed. Something about winter darkness makes me want to sleep a lot. Hubby often doesn't get home from work until 10:30, so whole days go by when we hardly see each other awake.

I'm in the final stretch of grad school, hoping to defend this spring. So if my posts are a little thin on the ground these next couple of months, it's not that I'm not knitting (knitting is my greatest stress relief after all!), it's just that I'm spending a lot of time in front of my "other" computer, writing about boring stuff - like limestone.

And now tonight, I'm actually taking a break from it all and he
ading out to a pub with a few of the girls. I leave you with a photo from Romni Wools in Toronto, in the wonderful room full of fiber. That's a happy grin!

(Photo by Ms. M.)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay strong with the thesis, man. I'm starting to actually develop a realization that there might be an end to it and I imagine it must be the same for you too. Good thing there's knitting at the end of the day! Enjoy your nite out.

8:30 p.m.  
Blogger Marianne said...

That certainly looks like a big happy grin, and I can see why, look at all that wonderful stuff!
Hang in there with the thesis, you will do just fine and we'll understand and be rooting and cheering you on from our corners.
Hope you had a great night out, and not too much of a headache today.... you know, from having 'too much fun'..

8:28 a.m.  
Blogger Kelly said...

Ah, it was hardly a wild night out, Marianne! Just a few friends sitting around enjoying a few pints. It was a pleasant break though! It's back to work this afternoon though.

1:46 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous hat and what a room..I could fondle yarn for hours there.

4:34 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home