Hedgehog Knits

Adventures in knitting from the eastern edge of Canada.

Friday, June 06, 2008

Blocking never gets boring

This will just be a short post tonight to show off my newly finished Swallowtail Shawl. Because who doesn't love a good lace blocking shot?



I gave it a soak in a Eucalen bath and threaded it onto the wires this evening. Hopefully I'll get around to taking FO photos before the weekend is out.

It's been a busy few weeks chez Hedgehog Knits, with travel and meetings and not a lot of fun. And I'm off to Manchester again in a week. At least the weather has improved, so I've been making time to get out walking and biking. So long for now.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's like catnip to a cat - I love a good blocking shot!

9:29 p.m.  
Blogger Marianne said...

LOVE your Swallowtail!

11:41 p.m.  
Blogger Sarah said...

Looking good :o)

Hope some more fun comes your way

3:16 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that I have seen the light and know the joys of lace, I'm planning a swallowtail this summer. Gonna do it! I fully expect to bow to your experience for any whinging, since you are so knowledgeable in the ways of Swallowtail by now ;)

11:28 a.m.  
Blogger Kelly said...

Thanks guys!

Glenna, you will definitely enjoy this one. It's a nice manageable size for a lace project. If I have one bit of advice to offer, it's this: use lifelines! Especially when you start the lily of the valley charts.

3:38 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know isn't it crazy how things can just pop up some times? But wow look at your Swallowtail! See, this is the real trick I have to master, is to just get that laceweight out at the same rate.

I really rec a fingering weight shawl, it really does seem to fly. I have been oogling some of the Gathering of Lace projects and wondering how they'd go with sock yarn.

10:29 p.m.  
Blogger Ally Jay said...

I am so glad to see someone else using the kids sponge bricks to block on. They are perfect for the job. Love the shawl, particularly the colour.

2:58 a.m.  
Blogger Zia said...

Absolutely beautiful shawl!

6:45 a.m.  
Blogger betseydoodle said...

Hey!
Whatcha been up to?
Got any news?

9:10 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home