Hedgehog Knits

Adventures in knitting from the eastern edge of Canada.

Monday, July 21, 2008

Spinning again

Inspired by all of the "Tour de Fleece" spinning I've been seeing lately, this weekend I picked up my spindle for the first time in over a year.
This is a Fleece Artist Silk Wool sliver that I received as a birthday gift last year. This photo shows the halfway mark. I've since wound this half f the singles off (I don't like it when my spindle gets too heavy) with plans for a two-ply. My arm is tired!
Nick and I did a backpacking trip last weekend on part of the East Coast Trail. The scenery was wonderful (this little island just off the coast was home to small flock of sheep left to graze for the summer). We saw loons and otters, and lots of whales - what a great trip.

Just back from Calgary a couple of days ago, I think that I am now done with the business trips for a while. I'm looking forward to spending some quality time at home for a change!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Marianne said...

Oh wow, opened your blog and getting hit with that fibre and spinning? SO PRETTY!
Sounds like a great weekend with so much to see and enjoy...
I'm glad you're home for awhile, it's always good to hang out at home :^)

12:03 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home