Hedgehog Knits

Adventures in knitting from the eastern edge of Canada.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

It's all coming back to me...

I should have been marking papers most of the day, but I did manage to sort out my sidebar issues, and am starting to remember the basics of HTML. I might have suffered through a semester of computer programming in undergrad, but I never actually used it to do anything practical before! Anyway, I'm happy with the way the blog is coming together. My next challenges will involve adding buttons and a banner. But that will have to wait until the weekend.

And for the knitting portion of today's post, I finally took some photos of the scarf I have in progress:









Just 3 or 4 inches left to go.















Detail of the lace pattern.








I will hopefully make some progress tonight while watching Gilmore Girls.

I had some excitement on the weekend betting on (and winning!) a big box of vintage yarn from an estate sale. $20 US got me over 5 lbs of pure wool, including at least three full cones. By the time I factored in the cost of postage to Canada, the price was doubled, but I still think I got a great deal. I can't wait for it to get here to I can finger it all and make plans for it. My adventures in dyeing will likely start with some of this stuff.

1 Comments:

Blogger Glenna C said...

Dude! Think of what you can do with all that wool!

That's an awesome scarf, is it one of the KnitPicks patterns?

1:16 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home