Hedgehog Knits

Adventures in knitting from the eastern edge of Canada.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Distractions

I've made some good progress on DH's sweater, but unfortunately not enough to have it finished for his birthday, which was Thursday. I'm up to the armhole decreases on the front now, but still have the sleeves to go. I worked from home on Thursday so that I could make dinner and bake a birthday cake, and we had a little low-key celebration when he got home from work at 10:00 PM. Working a 12-hour shift on your birthday is just no fun!

In a bit of a break from the miles of cables, I showed you the Argosy that I started (and finished) last weekend. Here it is after a good blocking.


Argosy, size 4.5 mm bamboo needles, in handspun BFL from Fleece Artist. 5-square central pattern has 16 repeats.

I decided to knit until I ran out of yarn and leave it short. It will probably get a lot of wear with my leather jacket when the weather warms up in the spring. I like the way the colour striping turned out in the handspun , and it is very soft, even if it smells a little sheepy.

I can't seem to keep from starting new projects lately. I've been trying to use up my stash, and it seems that everytime I think up a new idea for something to make out of stash, I have to jump right in and start it. Can you tell from my sidebar what the latest distraction is? I'll show you some pictures tomorrow.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great looking scarf! It's a perfect tuck-in-y length.

7:04 a.m.  
Blogger Marianne said...

That scarf really is so pretty, I love the colours and the way they worked in the knitting!
(I didn't mean to imply you would have a wild night, although just getting out of the house and taking a break *seems* a bit wild sometimes,I lead a very quiet life :^)

12:52 p.m.  
Blogger Kelly said...

Marianne - no offence taken! Although a wild night does sound like fun... ;) For me, it would probably involve a wild spending spree at my favourite LYS. In short, my life is pretty quiet too. Especially in comparison to the average university student!

1:51 p.m.  
Blogger Marianne said...

Ha! I do, indeed, like your idea of a wild night! It beats out all the others by a long shot in my book.

2:08 p.m.  
Blogger Jan said...

I've been going through blogs and came upon yours. I love the name and I love the scarf! I especially like the way the colors aren't banded across the scarf but at an angle, and also the fact that it's such a delicate looking scarf. Very pretty and different than the usual.

7:38 p.m.  
Blogger Sarah said...

Very lovely scarf, nice length I think.

8:27 a.m.  
Blogger Kelly said...

Thanks, Jan and Sarah. It certainly was a fun pattern to knit.

9:31 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home