Hedgehog Knits

Adventures in knitting from the eastern edge of Canada.

Sunday, February 01, 2009

And Now We Return to Baby Knitting

After that brief quilting interlude (there will be more quilting to come, rest assured), I have finally settled on a fun new knitting project. Since I still need one or two girly baby sweaters to keep up with the ongoing run of new babies in the family, and I enjoyed knitting JoJo so much last time, I decided to knit another one. Or maybe two - I seem to like being on a roll with things lately. This pattern is great, full of great little details, and it knits up really quickly considering that it's sock yarn.

Those are the two fronts. The yarn is all Norwegian: the bands are in SandnesGarn Sisu, and the main section is another fun colourway of Drops Fabel. The colours are a bit off in this photo, but as we've had a snowstorn here today, the light hasn't been good. The colour that looks like yellowish mud in the photo is actually closer to peach.

I'll be packing up some travel knitting soon. I'm off to Houston in a week for work, and then shortly after, another quick trip to Toronto. I think it might be time for a lace project...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Marianne said...

Sweet! Can't wait to see it in better light, that 'peach' sounds lovely.
Lovin' your quilt! I did all my quilting by hand, takes forever, but it really was more the process for me at the time.
Houston... at least it should be warmer :^)

12:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home