Hedgehog Knits

Adventures in knitting from the eastern edge of Canada.

Friday, December 15, 2006

Who doesn't love puppies?

It's finally travel day today. I'm flying home tonight to spend the holidays with my large, extended family. Hubby is going to join me in a week, since he still has an exam to write. I'm going early this year to take advantage of cheaper pre-peak-season fares. With the rates Air Canada charges, you'd think we were flying to the ends of the Earth.

So, who loves puppies?


Toy Dog, from Zoe Mellor's Animal Knits. 100% Arcylic.

I knit another one of these a while ago for my nephew's birthday. This one is for our other, littler nephew to go with his birthday sweater. This pattern was fine once I figured out the huge mistakes in it (row counts off by ten in two different pieces!). It's quick to knit, the longest part being seaming and stuffing. I think it's pretty cute.

I'm still tweaking the men's cable glove pattern, but will hopefully have it posted here soon. I ran out of the black wool that I used for the first and ended up having to special order it, which took weeks. In the meantime, I did this one, which is just slightly larger than the original.

Men's Cabled Glove (original pattern), in Briggs and Little Tuffy,
size 3.25 & 3.75 mm dpns.


My yarn finally arrived yesterday, so hopefully I can get the two left gloves done on the plane this evening. Of course, I still have half of a Crooked Cable sock to knit, and maybe one more scarf to get done before Christmas too, so look out for the flying needles!

It will probably be a few days before I post again, so happy holiday knitting everyone!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had a good journey home. Good luck with the research and getting the GIPs done in time. Love the hats in particular.

11:56 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoping your holidays were merry and bright!
I love puppies....
I popped over from Glenna's...because I love hedgehogs...you have a beautiful blog, and your colourwork knits are absolutely gorgeous! Lots of pretty socks, scarves,hats, the gloves and mittens! and that FI baby sweater took my breath away! Then I started looking at your sidebar stuff and found my name....and it really IS my name! I'm honoured, seriously.
Will be waiting patiently for you to get back from your holiday trip to hear all about it!

3:49 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home