Hedgehog Knits

Adventures in knitting from the eastern edge of Canada.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I'm determined that I am going to finish this sweater before I start anything new. Here's that sleeve, just inching along slowly.


I have blocked the rest of the sweater and partially seamed it up for a try-on. It looks like it's going to fit really well. DH requested that the sleeves not be baggy or too long (as most of his store-bought sweater sleeves tend to be). I think he will be happy with it. I just hope it looks good on him!

I'm in the same kind of mode at school these days. I have a big project that I need to get finished now, and I have to stop getting distracted by other side projects and just finish it. So this will be a week of very focused work on brown cables and manuscript writing (I hope!)

I did have a brief foray into a little swatching last night. I'm forward-thinking by nature, so I can't seem to not think ahead to the next thing on the horizon.


This is James Brett Marble. It's been in my stash for almost a year now. It's 100% acrylic, purchased before I discovered the joys of superwash wool. Okay, so I knew that superwash wool existed, but I didn't really believe it - too good to be true, surely! So I bought this to knit myself a casual pullover that I could throw in the washer. It really is nice for acrylic, and I'm not a total fibre snob (yet!) . It has gradual colour changes that give you subtle striping. I'm thinking about knitting a very simple ribbed sweater, probably Lola. I'll leave off the novelty yarn cuffs, and just start straight into the ribbing. I'm debating whether it will need added waist shaping, or if the ribbing will take care of that.

I'm happy that my WIP list is getting much more managable, but I've still got a few other things to clue up before I start another sweater.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Marianne said...

Hmmm, Brown sweater...I love it. And good for you on focusing to finish it.
That acrylic is really very pretty, what a beautiful rich colour. Hey, as long as it's soft (and really, it's amazing what they've done with acrylic,eh?) and washable and pleasing to wear...and that Lola is a very nice pattern...I would think the ribbing would give you shaping...of course the woman to ask is Glenna....she'd know for sure.
Wishing you a very fine and productive week!

10:21 a.m.  
Blogger Marianne said...

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for stopping by, and the Swallowtail that I knit, that was a very fine lace weight merino, Knitpicks Shadow, the oregon coast colour, I just used a smaller needle, the US4 (3.5mm) so it just looked like a heavier yarn?

I really loved making it though, and I'm thinking seriously knitting another one very soon out of the Alpaca Cloud Iris for my DIL birthday. It only took 1 skein!

4:08 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feeling your pain on the "unfinished" nature of big projects these days, both sweater and thesis! N's just going to love the sweater when it's done. Here's courage for the final stretch.

10:37 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home