Hedgehog Knits

Adventures in knitting from the eastern edge of Canada.

Monday, July 09, 2007

Sucked in

I had a lovely time at Knit Night on Friday, despite spending the last half hour ripping out everything that I had knit on my Brigit sock during the first two hours. Apparently complex cables don't mix well with conversation - who knew? I ended up with a cable twisted the wrong way, purls where there should be knits, and too many stitches on the needles. Argh.

Then I got to see a few versions of the Mystery Stole 3 in progress. I had seen Leanne's stole on her blog last week, and though intrigued, I thought that I had too many projects on the go already. Then the Yarn Harlot talked about the lure of the shawl, and I sort of considered it. But then I saw a couple of the shawls in person, got to pet them, and started considering the possibilities for laceweight and beads in my stash. Leanne talked me into it... "Just join the group, and then you'll have the pattern. You don't have to keep up with the group. You can do it later when you have time." That sounded logical.

Alas, I am weak:



This took a large chunk of my weekend, in between starting to pack boxes, and running a few errands. I didn't even go into the office on Saturday - I don't remember the last time that happened. I have completely sold my soul to the Mystery Stole project. So this is knit up to the end of Clue #2, and apparently I have to wait four whole days until the next clue is released. That's probably a good thing!

I'm knitting with black 3-ply laceweight merino on 3 mm needles. The yarn is from China, so I can't really read much of the label. I bought a big lot of it on eBay a while back, and it's very nice to work with aside from a few knots that I've encountered. I'm using dark blue seed beads, sort of a frosted metallic colour. They're hard to see in the photo, but they show up better in person. I still have no idea what the theme of the shawl is based on this little bit.

Registration for the Mystery Stole is now closed - sorry to tease you! But I think the pattern will be available for sale later on, after the knit-along is finished.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Muhahaha! Welcome to the dark side

7:52 p.m.  
Blogger Marianne said...

Kelly, so beautiful! I kept thinking I'd be too busy so didn't join up, now I wish I'd had a good friend like Leanne to talk some sense to me...but sadly no. I'll have to wait to get the pattern.. sigh...so very pretty!

7:55 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! looks great so far! I personally like the fact that you can knit it with mucho gusto - and then you *have* to put it down till the next clue arrives.
Hope to see you next time at knitnite

7:09 a.m.  
Blogger Sarah said...

Ooh that is lovely. I think you made a wise choice signing up.

10:49 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home