Hedgehog Knits

Adventures in knitting from the eastern edge of Canada.

Monday, July 16, 2007

The view from here


... is one of total chaos.

We've entered that fun stage of moving where we're trying to pack things, but not everything just yet, because we still have to live here for a while. So we get to discover junk that we didn't even know we had, and trip over boxes for the next week or two. Of course, it would help if the moving company would nail down the precise date that they're coming. My home being in a state of insanity is actually a good reason to spend a lot of time at the office, which is becoming more necessary all the time. I'm not allowing myself to even think about the new Harry Potter movie or book until my thesis is submitted. I really want to get it all finished before we leave next Friday. Eeek!

So, let's not talk about that anymore. Wanna see some knitting? I finally ripped out the Soleil tank and re-knit the top part of the front.


Soleil from Knitty.com, designed by




Not bad though over all. Other than the tinkering with the shaping, this was a pretty easy, fun knit, and is very economical. I made the 36" size and used less than 6 balls, for a total cost of about $13. Sonata is a pretty basic cotton, so for those who don't like the hard feel, or how cotton is hard on the hands, you might want to look for a blend. I love the lace on this top, but it really needs to be blocked out every time it's washed in order to keep the lace flat. At least it's machine washable.

Hopefully I'll have another new summer top to show you soon, if the Mystery Stole doesn't take over all of my knitting time!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Ooh I hope you make it for next Friday :0)

Soleil is very pretty, nice job wth the mods

6:51 a.m.  
Blogger Marianne said...

You and me both, honey... so are you talking the 27th? (that's our moving day also!) or perhaps you're talking this next Friday? Either way I hope they can straighten it all out soon.
Beautiful Soleil, yes, that's better around the front top. Such a gorgeous colour and it looks really good on you.
Hang in there! It won't be long until you'll have your nose in the next Harry Potty book and...off to see the new movie!

7:08 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work on Soleil, and best of luck on the packing!

7:58 a.m.  
Blogger Zia said...

Hope the move goes smoothly for you.
Love your soleil and adore the colour!

9:07 a.m.  
Blogger Marianne said...

Kelly, yes, we do have the same moving day and you can bet I'll be keeping you close in my thoughts, we're just moving 4 miles from this house, you're moving how many hundreds of miles? But I am so happy that you and your husband have the opportunities to move back home!

6:58 p.m.  
Blogger AB&AB said...

Kate,

I will go pick up the items that you dropped off at Yarn Forward for the afghans for Afghans collection. I am so touched that you found the time to knit for our little project amidst all the packing. Your items are going to make some Afghan moms and kids very happy.

Thanks again,

Anita and Amy
http://findingfortygatheringknitting.blogspot.com/

4:50 p.m.  
Blogger AB&AB said...

Kelly,

I posted a photo of a tiny munchkin wearing the sock yarn hat that you made (I'd love that pattern if you've got it!). Check out the picture at
http://www.findingfortygatheringknitting.blogspot.com

10:05 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home