Hedgehog Knits

Adventures in knitting from the eastern edge of Canada.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Knitting on the Road

A quick post from the suburbs of Houston. Both my hotel and the facility where my course is being held are located in Katy Mills, which is essentially an enormous shopping mall surrounded by big-box stores, chain restaurants, and Interstate 10. Needless to say, this is a purpose-driven visit, not a vacation!

As the neighbourhood does not offer much in the way of culture to take in, there has been significant knitting progress.

This is my Trellis baby cardigan in progress:


It's just zipping along. Luckily I brought along JoJo too, in case I get this finished before my return home. I can't imagine anything worse than a full day of flying with nothing to knit!

Last evening I went exploring the enormous shopping mall next door. In a store called Books-A-Million (How could I not check that out?!), I found this little gem:


I don't know why I've never heard of this book before, other than perhaps that it's very new (published in 2008). I haven't examined it in too much detail yet, but it appears to have very clear diagrammatic instructions for toe-up socks, including multiple cast-ons, and both short-row and flap heels, and a handful of patterns at the back. As I have struggled with my couple of attempts at toe-up socks thus far, I think this may be a useful little addition to my collection.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Marianne said...

Great score on the book!
'Books-A-Million'? I couldn't have resisted either :^)

That little sweater is SO beautiful!

speaking of wee garments, have you seen this one? :^)
http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=b17&d_id=1&lang=us

9:55 a.m.  
Blogger Marianne said...

I can't tell for sure but it looks like that link didn't show up completely... but it's this:

DROPS jacket and bonnet in “Merino Extra Fine” with cables.

9:57 a.m.  
Blogger Kelly said...

Oh wow, Marianne, that is so cute! I think I'll bookmark that one for possible future baby knitting.

11:57 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home