Hedgehog Knits

Adventures in knitting from the eastern edge of Canada.

Friday, March 23, 2007

Spring!

What a difference a week can make. I have a newly finished spring sweater, and just to cooperate with me, spring came today. This is in the same spot where I photographed Nick in the snow on Monday!


Sitcom Chic cardigan, designed by Bonne Marie Burns for Knitty.com. Size 40, on 3.75 and 5 mm circs, in TLC Cotton Plus.

I added grosgrain ribbon to the inside front edges to make them lie flat, as the pattern suggested. Actually, stitching in the ribbon was a lot faster and easier than I expected. And it really improved the sweater. Here's a bathroom mirror shot after sewing the ribbon in on just one side:


I wore this sweater all day today, and it's really comfortable. I think if I had it to do over, I'd make it a little smaller - 38 would probably be perfect. I started this sweater last summer, long before I'd learned anything about alterations and design. You can't tell by feel that there's any acrylic in it, and best of all, the colour change doesn't show at all when it's dry!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Marianne said...

Kelly, I really like that cardi! I tend to like the 3/4 length sleeves as I'm always pushing the long sleeves up, going about my day.
I need to really check out that pattern.
Great photos BTW.

8:58 a.m.  
Blogger Glenna C said...

nice job! And nice hairdo, it looks like it's getting longer. Good to know about the grosgrain ribbon...I will now consider this in future projects ;)

12:26 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, really, really nice detail with the ribbon there. Consider me sold on this pattern too, now. It looks comfy and versatile. Nice longer hair on you!

1:02 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a really nice sweater - it looks very wearable! I've bought a few of Bonnie Marie's patterns lately, though I haven't made them yet. She has a lot of nice detail in her patterns.

9:41 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home