Hedgehog Knits

Adventures in knitting from the eastern edge of Canada.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Inching along

Just a quick update on progress, as there's not much news to share this morning.

I've finally got the vest past the point at which I frogged it before. And yes, I tried it on and it appears to fit nicely. I've split for the armholes and am working on knitting up the back. I'm mostly following the directions for Leftovers, but adjusting for different gauge and sizing. I really hope the bottom isn't going to decide to roll like this once it's blocked. It seemed okay stretched out when I tried it on, so I think it will settle down.


The lace scarf that I started on the weekend is also plodding along slowly:


I really like this having one lace project for concentration, and a second mindless stockinette project for my more blah moments. I have been resisting the urge to start Lola, or Soleil, or Shedir (all linked in the sidebar) until the vest is finished, but I have also been pondering frogging a couple of older (alas unwearable) projects and knitting cute summer tops out of the yarn. The free patterns section at Drops Design is providing much of this inspiration. Argh, I need to spend more time working and less time browsing knitting sites and fantasizing! And on that note, back to work...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, see... now you've got me poring over the free patterns at the Drops site! I must say though, I *have* found some nice stuff...:)

Glad to see your knitting is coming along. More than I can say for mine! lol

5:06 p.m.  
Blogger Marianne said...

I think the vest will block out just fine, and the lace scarf is beautiful.
Thanks for the link, I'm off now to check it out.

7:28 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home