Hedgehog Knits

Adventures in knitting from the eastern edge of Canada.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

One more pair

I finally got around to knitting one more pair of mittens, which I've been planning for a while. They came together so quickly on the weekend that I didn't even take any in-progress photos.

Basic mittens in Needful Yarns Arte (a blend of merino, alpaca, and acrylic), 40 st on 3.25 mm dpns.


The scalloped edging is a single repeat of the lace pattern from a hat that I made last year in the same yarn. Now I finally have a matching set, but probably a little late for this year. It's funny, the first two skeins of this, used for the hat and first mitten (left, above), had pretty subtle, heathered colour changes, but when I started the other mitten with the third skein, I was getting a lot of solid, single-colour stripes. I cut out long portions of the solids and sort of pieced it back together to try to keep the mittens somewhat matching (there is no way to make a true match with this yarn). Overall, I think they're pretty cute.

I can't believe I only have one project on the go right now - socks. The vest that's on my WIP list hasn't actually been started, just designed and swatched. I ordered a set of Denise interchangable needles, so I'm waiting for them to arrive before I start any more big projects. I did a little research and opted for the Denise set over the KnitPicks Options because I hear that they are a lot lighter weight. My wrists and thumbs have been giving a lot of trouble lately, so I'm trying to focus on ergonimcs both in my school life and my knitting. I think the switch to all circulars all the time will help a lot. Now if they would only show up!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Marianne said...

I love those mittens, the colours are so pretty! (my kind of colours!)
I'm so excited about your upcoming vest project that you're designing, can't wait to see it!

1:51 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home