Hedgehog Knits

Adventures in knitting from the eastern edge of Canada.

Monday, June 04, 2007

Home again

Well, I arrived safely back in Ottawa around 2:30 this morning, after only a three-hour flight delay in Winnipeg. By my standards, that's actually pretty good!

I didn't get too much knitting done in my travels. I knew that I had a very busy weekend conference ahead of me, but I didn't even knit much on the plane. I was so tired I slept most of the way back. I did get one man sock finished, and Nick was kind enough to model it:


His feet are a little bigger than Dad's, so it's a tad over-stretched in the ankle here. I like the striping in this yarn, but it's not a particularly regular stripe interval. I don't think it will be possible to get identical socks out of it - I don't remember the last time I managed to get identical twin socks out of a self-striping yarn anyway! It is turning out to be a little splitty to knit with. I added a strand of black reinforcing thread in the heel, but I forgot about it for the toe. It probably looks better without it in the end. On to sock number two.

I thought I'd photograph a few more of the knits I've done for Warm Woolies over the past few weeks.


Assorted hats. The top one is felted.

The box is getting fairly full, but I think I can still cram in another couple of hats and socks. Did you see that flash of fur in the hat photo above? We're kitty sitting this little cutie for a couple of weeks while our friends are on vacation.


I grew up always having a cat and a dog around the house, but Nick has never had a cat, so it's a fun new experience for him. So far so good!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Marianne said...

That's a very handsome mansock! Guys really don't seem to care whether they 'match' or not...
The Good Friend Cable Vest is a beauty, as are all the hats, love that cabled hat, very pretty!

I once had a dog and seriously, all he ever wanted was a cat, he'd sit at the fence and watch the neighbor dog and cat play in their back yard, Mochajo was completely intrigued. Havala had a friend stay with her for a while, she had a couple of kittens and Mocha would take care of them, they'd curl up with him and take naps...he cried when she moved out and took her kitties. Real tears. It was so sad!

9:41 p.m.  
Blogger Sarah said...

Welcome home, that looks like a lovely feline companion - maybe you can have one of your own in your new place?

3:09 p.m.  
Blogger Peg-woolinmysoup said...

I like your charity knitting. I have a few things tucked away for the charity I knit for!
Our DS has run the National Capital Marathon a couple of times. He now lives in Oklahoma City, so he ran in that city's Memorial Marathon last month. I used to run - not marathons - but my knees were not happy, so now I swim!

9:17 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly,

I am a volunteer at Warm Woolies. I opened your package the other day. There were 3 volunteers to see what you had sent. The letter you included had all of us in tears. We will make sure the
at the items get sent where you asked.

Your vests were great and the baby blanket was wonderful.


Thank you for knitting for Warm Woolies.
We can now add another knitter to our growing family of knitters from around the world.

Ann at Warm Woolies.

1:40 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home