Hedgehog Knits

Adventures in knitting from the eastern edge of Canada.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Randomness

Glenna tagged me for the random things meme. Yea! My first meme! Eight random things about me. Here goes:

1. I love to read novels, but even though I I often forget much of the plot, I hardly ever read them over a second time. A notable exception is my favourite novel, Les Miserables, which I think I've read four times.

2. I have tried very hard on several occasions to run regularly. I love swimming and long-distance cycling, but I just can't get into running. I have decided to just let myself hate it and to retire from it. I'm officially a non-runner.

3. My right foot is a full half-size larger than my left. I have been known to sneakily buy an odd pair of shoes at Walmart - evil, I know.

4. At various times in my life, I have played clarinet, oboe, guitar, trumpet, fiddle, Irish flute, and tin whistles. For the past four years, I've played almost nothing. This is very likely to change as soon as my degree is finished and I've moved.

5. I have always wanted to try pottery, but I've never had the time and money to take a class. Also subject to change in the near future!

6. I have a big, hairy curse on me when it comes to travel. You name a Canadian airport, and I've been stranded in it for hours to days. I have begun to suspect that the delays are to give the staff time to lose my luggage. The first time I travelled internationally was by myself at age 16. I got fogged in at JFK on the way home, missed my connecting flight, and got stranded overnight in Toronto. My mother, understandably, was back home in Newfoundland having a fit.

7. I am a very visual learner. If someone is going to give a speech without visual aids or at least a chalkboard, I find it very hard to not tune out immediately and start daydreaming. When I was younger, I thought the church sermon was a torture device. Ditto for political speeches on tv.

8. Although I have done lots of geological field work in really remote areas, and often carry a rifle and bear spray for safety, I have not yet ever encountered a bear. Part of me is curious to see how I'd react. The bigger part of me is happy to go on not knowing!

I've decided not to tag anyone, beacause almost everyone I know has already done this one. It was fun though!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Marianne said...

Well, gee, Kelly, if only we'd known you wanted to be tagged!
#2, wouldn't worry too much about that one, hard on the knees.
#3, you little stinker! *giggle*, seriously, what else can you do?
#4, love it
#7, so with you and the slipping into daydream mode
#8, whoa, I'm really glad also, bears can surely make a mess of things...and people.

I am SO looking forward to your move back home and all the things you're wanting to do, get back to, and the 'new' things....

11:04 a.m.  
Blogger Peg-woolinmysoup said...

Have you ever been stranded in the Moncton airport? I have and it was at least food for a story!
I am happy for you that you are moving back home. I am originally from NS, but happy to be living in BC.
Lots of luck in the move. I moved with my DH 23 times, so if there is anything you need help with - I'm your girl! Moving is fun - I always thought of it that way and enjoyed every move!
Your family must be over the moon!

12:53 p.m.  
Blogger Kelly said...

Peg, I think you've got me there. I don't think I've even been to Moncton, but I was once stuck in St. Leonard NB for 12 hours. And let me tell you there's not much to do in a town that size for 12 hours! I have left St. John's to go to Halifax and ended up in Montreal. It's like some kind of sick joke with me!

I'm looking forward to the move - it's my first time using a moving company, so it should be a lot less hassle than I'm used to!

2:42 p.m.  
Blogger Marianne said...

Kelly, thanks for the dyeing info, that's probably 'it', I also thought...since I was overdying the cotton...so then I found some 'natural' cotton...had planned on trying the koolaid again but with what you've suggested, well, I may just give it up.....I will say though, if I could just find some to match the colour of my fingertips....I'd be a happy knitter!

3:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home