Hedgehog Knits

Adventures in knitting from the eastern edge of Canada.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Warm and wooly

... and just in time for spring.

Vest, based very loosely on Leftovers. Knit in the round on 3.75 mm Denise interchangeables.

I altered the pattern for my finer gauge, made the bust size 36" (the pattern had 34 or 38), didn't double the yarn for the bands, and knit the bands in twisted 2X1 rib. I also changed the v-neck band style a bit. Basically, the pattern gave me the general shape and construction.


The yarn is from a cone of laceweight, labelled "T. Forsell & Sons 2/8WC Super Slalom Derby Tweed", knit with two strands held together approximating sport weight. I'm not sure of the fibre content (mostly wool, maybe a little mohair?). A Google search identified the company as a wholesaler of machine knitting yarns, but this particular yarn seems to have been discontinued. I could find nothing about it. I purchased it from Woof Designs in St. John's. There's still plenty left, so I might consider a lace project sometime. I've also considered over-dyeing some of it.

I'm knitting faster than I'm blogging these days, so I'll have to post an update of new things I'm working on. Maybe on the weekend.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great! Can't wait to see what else you've been cooking up.

10:42 a.m.  
Blogger Robin said...

Nice vest! I like the natural colour and v-neck.

4:18 p.m.  
Blogger Marianne said...

The vest looks wonderful on you, great fit as far as I can see... it inspires me! and I love those colours.

Looking forward to seeing what else you've been up to.

3:42 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great Kelly! I'm coming around to vests too these days. I think I'll have to try the Leftovers pattern too.

10:51 a.m.  
Blogger Sarah said...

Ooh great vest - love the ribbing.

3:28 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home