Hedgehog Knits

Adventures in knitting from the eastern edge of Canada.

Monday, April 16, 2007

Guess what's blocking...


Yup, it a vest! I finally finished it. Details and action photos to come soon.

I mentioned last weekend that I was felting my French market bag. It went through the washer and dryer twice, on the hottest heavy-duty settings, but it's still not quite as dense and firm a fabric as I would have liked, but nevertheless it's quite functional and kind of cute:

French Market Bag from Knitty, made in recycled bulky weight wool. Modifications: I used 5.5 mm needles to accommodate the thicker weight wool, and only 192 stitched instead of 200, mainly because I ran out of the colour I was usuing for the base!

I sewed in a lining, made from some leftover dress-lining fabric:


And what's that in the bag? I might have done a little eBay shopping recently. It's my last purchase for a while, I swear! I got a good deal on these 6 balls of laceweight wool. Black lace.... I'm thinking there's a shawl in my future. It's a chinese brand, and is incredibly soft. I've been walking around petting a skein of it.


And while I was at it, I got a couple of balls of sock yarn:



Fabel Superwash by Garn Studio. I've never tried this brand before, but I really like the colourway.

I should apologize because I'm not feeling too wordy lately - I'm spending my days writing and re-writing technical stuff - so I hope you enjoy this style of short snippets with photos. I'll try to get good FO photos of the vest as soon as it's dry. And I may have wishfully started a summer top over the last few days. What a joke! We had 10 cm of snow last night. Will it never end?!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

The vest looks great - something you could wear a lot. The bag looks wonderful as well!

2:28 a.m.  
Blogger Marianne said...

I really like that vest!
I was going to say...some things take more washings to felt up than others, but I see you've put a lining in and it looks beautiful!
I hope Spring finally reaches you!

8:19 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home