Hedgehog Knits

Adventures in knitting from the eastern edge of Canada.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Cabley goodness


I am now thoroughly addicted to knitting this sock. That didn't take long, now did it? Eunny's very clear instructions on cabling without a cable needle (written into the pattern) have really helped, although I have to admit I'm still using a cable needle for the big 7-st ribbed cables - that's just too many tiny little stitches to keep track of and it makes me nervous to have them flying free like that! But those cables only happen on every 8th row, so they don't slow me down too much.

I highly recommend this pattern for anyone looking for a bit of a challenge. At first it's a bit daunting, but once you get through one repeat, it kind of falls into place and makes sense. I do wish that I was a looser knitter though - my cables are pretty tight to work on 2 mm needles!

My other projects basically look the same, so no new photos today.

Things are looking very good on the job-after-graduation front these last few days. I'm still waiting for an official offer, but boy, am I excited! So I'm all the more motivated to finish the thesis. And on that note, I'm off to the office!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Marianne said...

Oh my...that's some beautiful sock knitting you've got going!

10:59 a.m.  
Blogger Sarah said...

That sock is absolutely gorgeous!

Great work on the neck of Lola too.

And sounds like good job news; am v pleased for you.

5:25 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, congrats on the job situation! That must feel great to have something positive pushing you toward the finish line. Wonderful knitting progress too - you've got my stashbusting beat by far.

11:06 p.m.  
Blogger Maureen said...

Your Bayerische is looking great! I've JUST started mine last night, finished the ribbing and am looking forward to getting into the cables.

2:14 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home