Hedgehog Knits

Adventures in knitting from the eastern edge of Canada.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Thinking dry thoughts

Minor crisis averted: I finished the second sock last night and wet blocked it. It's almost dry now, and soaking up a few rays on the balcony to eliminate that last little bit of dampness. Then we're off to the post office.


A couple of extra skeins (Lassa Grossa sock yarn and some Koigu) followed me home from the yarn shop too. I had racked up enough frequent customer points to quailfy for a 15% discount, and since I'll be moving soon and won't have access to the store, I figured the responsible thing to do would be to make a big purchase to get the most out of my discount. I know you'd do the same thing ;)


I've been doing a little housekeeping on the blog over the last few days. The upcoming knits section has been divided into true upcoming knits, which I am actually planning to knit, and "up for consideration", meaning I haven't bougt the yarn or pattern yet, but I would really like to knit this sometime in the future. It's more or less a tool for me to flag these patterns and to keep a few projects in mind for when I see a good yarn sale and need to figure out how much to buy. Inspired by Martha's recent lingerie knitting, but warned of the difficulty of sizing bra tops, I've really fallen in love with the Rita Mae pattern. (The link goes to a pattern library, so it might take a bit of hunting around there if you want to look the pattern up. I couldn't get a more direct link.) It's shorts and a little cami that laces up the front (I'll bet I could add buttons), with pretty leaf lace patterns. Definitely something to keep in mind.

I want to eventually get a Flickr account and set up a Finished Objects gallery, get a little more organized, and get onto Bloglines. But I think I'll put all of these projects off for a while until my life settles down a little. Right now I don't want to take up any of my already scarce knitting time to start fussing with changes!

I hope the sun is shining wherever you are today too.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Marianne said...

Your Dad is going to love his socks, they are just gorgeous!
Very pretty yarn and yes, of course, I would've definitely done the same thing!
I found the Rita Mae...cute!

2:57 p.m.  
Blogger knittyknatty said...

weird how these skeins just kinda follow us home...

3:27 p.m.  
Blogger Sarah said...

Handsome socks, hope they were dry by the time of posting.

Good responsible use of the discount. Well done.

4:55 p.m.  
Blogger Glenna C said...

I think the extra yarn purchase was completely reasonable given the circumstances. And I am SO sorry I forgot to comiserate with you earlier - that was such a sucky thing to run out almost at the very end!

Good luck with the 'delicates' - I will continue to watch after observing M's foray, maybe eventually I do my own nightie ;)

10:25 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home