Hedgehog Knits

Adventures in knitting from the eastern edge of Canada.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

So far so good


The front (or back - they're the same) of the Gatsby Girl pullover. It looks very small, but those sections between the cables are 1X1 rib, so it has a lot of stretch. I opted for the smaller size, the 36", so let's hope this works!

The bottom edge is a facing to be folded back, so it should look a lot neater when it all goes together. I have never been so happy that I taught myself to cable without a cable needle - I'll never go back! Still loving the yarn very much, and looking forward to moving on to the the lace section soon.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's looking beautiful!

It'll totally work and fit if you add bust darts, and since these would occur in mostly in the ribbing with a slight row adjustment to the outside most cable - you should be good to go!

~ betseydoodle

7:24 a.m.  
Blogger Marianne said...

That is indeed looking beautiful!

Do you use the 'pinch/hold below the stitches that have come off the needle to cable' method?

7:55 a.m.  
Blogger Kelly said...

Betseydoodle, I hadn't planned on adding bust darts, but that's certainly something to think about. I think I'll knit the back and see how the sizing turns out with that, and then evaluate whether I need the extra space.

Marianne, yup that's exactly what I do. It's actually become really easy and intuitive now that I've been doing it for a while, though it might be difficult with a slippery yarn.

1:56 p.m.  
Blogger tara said...

Hey, I have knit 98% of this sweater, and it is incredibly stretchy. Unless you are particularly chesty, you won't need the bust darts.

3:22 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home