Hedgehog Knits

Adventures in knitting from the eastern edge of Canada.

Sunday, March 01, 2009

When Film Crews Invade the Neighbourhood

I absolutely love the new tv ads for Newfoundland and Labrador tourism that came out recently. They have really captured a sense of place. Someone over there in the tourism department deserves a pat on the back for this campaign.

My favourite one is this one.


Most of the city scenes with the colourful houses were filmed in my neighbourhood. There's one scene near the end with a family running up a hill that's just around the corner. I walk down that hill every day to get to work! There's also some great shots of parts of the East Coast Trail on the Southern Shore, which I recognize from last summer's hikes. Every time it comes on, we get excited to see the place where we camped, and our favourite ice cream shop (with the cow spots on the building). Fun!

There's actually been a lot of filming going on here over the past year. In the fall we even had a visitor scoping out our house for possible use as a set in an upcoming tv show pilot. Never a dull moment!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Oh yes, makes me want to visit

1:48 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, it makes me want to come visit you guys! If only I could hop on a plane right now...

9:07 a.m.  
Blogger Marianne said...

YES! Love those ads, and yep, makes me want to hop a plane (come Summer) and just roam around.

10:15 a.m.  
Blogger gnomegarden said...

How lucky you are to live someplace so lovely!! Can I bring my hedgehog Esme to visit??
Thanks for your blog, I love it.
Dawn
http://knitting-gnome.com/blog/

2:23 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home