Hedgehog Knits

Adventures in knitting from the eastern edge of Canada.

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Quick Show and Tell

Thanks for the kind words. Lassy is doing well, but we're appreciating him all the more now!

Just a quick post to show you my latest Swallowtail Shawl, knit last week.
Here's the poor lump prior to blocking:


And here's the full spread blocking:

I even added a few clear blue seed beads to the outer rows, but they didn't really show up too well. If I did that again, I would use bigger beads.


The yarn is Knit Picks Gloss in Aegean. This was the first project knit with my new Knit Picks Options needles (I got the traditional nickle-plated ones. Lovely to knit with.).

I did this shawl as a quick project for one of my favourite annual events. The community band program in my hometown, has a fundraiser called "Sweet Music". It's a big dessert buffet combined with a concert and silent auction. Nick and I were both members of the band for many years growing up, and they even played at our wedding. We try to give something back every year, and we look forward to getting a chance to catch up with everyone (and fill up on cheesecake) at the auction each year. Hopefully they'll have a bidding war over the shawl!

After four times through, the Swallowtail is still a fun knit for me. Overall, it's gotten easier, but the nupps still make me swear a little bit from time to time!

And now I'm off to knit night. I finally got my act together and met some of the local Ravellers in St. John's. I just have to decide which project to take with me.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger yarnpiggy said...

It's beautiful! Whoever wins it will be very lucky. :-)

6:52 p.m.  
Blogger Marianne said...

Honestly, I never tire of knitting the Swallowtail, seeing its bits of beauty after blocking.
You've knit another Beauty!
I keep thinking I'll knit Baltic Blossom soon :^)

9:05 a.m.  
Blogger Sarah said...

I bet that Swallowtail was a big hit - hope that knit night was too

2:20 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home