Hedgehog Knits

Adventures in knitting from the eastern edge of Canada.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

It's a boy!

My newest nephew was born on Friday, and by chance my cousin gave birth to another baby boy on the same day, at the same hospital. Only two hours apart!

The new little guys and their moms are doing very well, and of course have lit a fire under me to get my latest JoJo finished asap.

Never one to focus on a single project for very long, I've also been dabbling in spinning a little.


This is a small (60g) batch of merino I bought at Lettuce Knit a couple of years ago. It's my first time spinning pure merino, and it's going pretty well. I find myself always wanting to spin very fine lately, although I generally prefer to knit finer gauges, so that's probably not a bad thing. It just takes a lot longer!

I don't know a lot about the technical side of spinning, and I only have the one spindle, but still dreaming about owning a wheel one day.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger gnomegarden said...

your "dabbling" is most amazing. Lovely work!

10:49 p.m.  
Blogger Sarah said...

Congratulations for the new arrivals and that is very pretty yarn

1:49 a.m.  
Blogger Marianne said...

Congratulations on two fine bouncing baby boys!
Your spindling is gorgeous!
I have also been striving for finer spun yarn, the way I see it... it takes longer, then when you knit with it (smaller needles) it takes longer, so talk about getting a lot of entertainment for your dollar! YES!

1:10 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home