Hedgehog Knits

Adventures in knitting from the eastern edge of Canada.

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Two Years in the Making


I have finally finished the Mystery Stole 3 project. I started this in the summer of 2007, thanks to encouragement from my friends in Ottawa (c'mon, everybody's doing it!). I've been knitting on it intermittently even since. It's followed us through three different homes, and has kept me company through many, many Sunday morning Coronation Street marathons.

I finished the knitting last weekend, and blocked it a few days ago.



I'm very happy with the result. This project marks the first time I have attempted a "mystery" project, as well as the first time knitting with beads(They're small blue seed beads. They didn't show up well in the photos., but they really pop out in person). It is certainly not without mistakes - there are some glaring ones to my eye, but it seems that only I am able to find them.


I knit the symmetrical variation of this stole. The original involved a very asymmetrical shape with a bird's wing on one side - a stunning project, but this being my first major lace project, I wanted something a bit more traditional-looking.

I'm very happy with the result, and seriously delighted to get this long-term WIP out of my knitting basket, finally! Soon, I hope to have another even longer languishing project to show you. Quilting, this time.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Ah good things come to those who wait!

12:26 p.m.  
Blogger Marianne said...

Absolutely Gorgeous! One of the prettiest ones I've seen! Beautifully knit and blocked :^)
Looking forward to seeing your quilt.

9:59 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home